willowoak: (Default)
( Aug. 21st, 2009 09:53 pm)
I finished the first sock, and it turns out I made a couple of poor choices in decreases when I was working on the leg part. Now I have some trouble getting it over my high instep. Some of this may be eased in blocking, but it's made me put the notion of sock #2 in this pattern into hibernation until I work out the kinks. I was also having some issues when I tried to cast on. I don't know why, but I had to frog it, like five times.

However, I'm now working on a new project, which is knitting TWO socks at a time on two circular needles. :) I cast on last night, and am a little more than half way through the toe caps on the socks. I had no real trouble with the cast on for these, so I don't know what was up before. I'm occasionally finding it a bit interesting trying to manage two skeins of yarn, although I haven't had any major tangle-age so far...I discovered that if I turn the needles bottom to top instead of right to left, I don't tangle the yarn as much, so I'm trying to remember to do that now.
.

Profile

willowoak: (Default)
willowoak

Page Summary

Powered by Dreamwidth Studios

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags