Once I restarted, it went very fast. Of course, watching Nightmare Before Christmas and then the Search for Shakespeare documentaries might have helped. A little. But the hat is done and blocking. The shape is somewhere between a beanie and a beret...that would be a function of the yarn and needle sizes and the fact that I used all of the original pattern repeats. The pattern was originally written for fingering weight/sock yarn on 2.5s, while I used DK/worsted weight on size 4s and 6s. But I'm fine with that, since I don't particularly like beanies and the slightly slouchy look is nice. :)

I've even taken some pics, but can't post them until the batteries for my camera are recharged.


and




I must say that I LOVE this hat. I will have to make one for me sometime. :)
.

Profile

willowoak: (Default)
willowoak
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags