I managed to work out a new crochet stitch this morning. The star stitch. It was giving me fits trying to follow written directions. Pictures didn't help. It turns out there are TWO slightly different ways to do the stitch and I was apparently trying to combine them.

That doesn't work so well. I found a video tutorial, figured out what I was doing "wrong" and fixed the problem.

I am the crochet mistress!

OK, maybe for a couple of minutes there. And it sounded better in my head.

Something else will shortly kick my a$$ and I will be a crochet moron again. But I have an idea in my head for this stitch. I will be trying it out tonight (and probably for the next couple of nights).

Pictures of the swatch to follow. :)
.

Profile

willowoak: (Default)
willowoak
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags